WINDWALKER 250 Wind Generator
Depending upon what kind of load you connect to (higher loads require more wind to begin turning), this wind generator will start turning in as little as 8 mph winds.
The Windwalker 250 wind generator comes 95% assembled and includes the motor assembly, tail fin and boom, hub, blades, and all necessary hardware.
View Instructions HERE.
- This micro-turbine is made on CNC machines utilizing modern polymers for a
weatherproof, lightweight, and strong assembly.
- The generator motor is sealed in a modular-designed housing.
- The housing, motor arbor, hub and tail fin mount are all CNC-manufactured using
the same recycleable polymer.
- Polymer color may be white or black - no preference.
- The down tube (the part that slips into top of mast), is 7/8" diam. steel tubing.
- The hub is 1/8" steel..
- The tail fin which keeps it pointed into the wind is made of sturdy ABS white plastic.
- 8 blades milled from PVC plastic are bolted to the hub with a 7/16” wrench and takes about 20 minutes
- A blocking diode is pre-installed so as not to discharge your battery when the wind isn't turning the turbine.
Connecting the turbine couldn't be easier. Connect the positive and negative wires from the turbine to the positive and negative terminals of your battery. The turbine motor comes pre-wired with a 2-way molded connector (quick-disconnect) which will extend from the bottom of your mast. You simply add enough 14 gauge wire to the pigtail side of the quick-disconnect to route to your battery.
The Windwalker 250 watt wind turbine is an 8-blade generator and is designed for medium wind areas up to 30 mph.
|Click on either image to see larger view|
|with Mounting Plate||with Ladder Bracket|